Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow and Hot Chocolate

It's snowing in downtown Milford. I can look out my window and see the clouds rolling past the full moon; it's quite a sight. And I am drinking hot chocolate, just like when I was a little kid, after coming in from making a snowman or having a snowball fight. Ah! to be young again! I can hear the words of Jesus, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." (Matthew 19:14, NLT)

Part of my journey includes going to that place in myself that is still childlike and setting that little boy free, comforting him when he hurts and giving expression to his pain, as well as his joy. I need to LET GO and allow myself to be silly, when the time and place are right; to let go of being so SERIOUS all the time. And I need to trust in God as a child trusts his/her parents.

On the journey to be free,
Chuck

1 comment:

Glen C. Pruitt said...

Hot chocolate and snowfalls are two of my favorite things. Of course, I sometimes add a shot of peppermint schnapps to the hot chocolate, concocting a drink known in some circles as a "sleigh ride". YUM! It's like a liquid peppermint patty... with a kick!