Sunday, February 3, 2008

In Gratitude

I am so thankful to be blessed by friends who love me just as I am, who don't judge me, even when they don't understand why I do something. I am grateful to them, for the shelter they provide me in the storm of my life--they provide umbrellas...or a place for respite from that storm. I cannot imagine my life without them. To have one such friend is a huge blessing, but I have been blessed with several. Among them, I can put aside the shoulds of my life and be who I really am. I am so blessed that I could cry tears of joy right now. When I feel absolutely needy, they remind me of my strength. So I thank God for them. And my prayer for those reading this is that they will have the same sorts of friends that I have. I cannot thank God enough for them. And I cannot thank them enough for their love and support. They know who they are, especially if they are reading this. Thank you.
MUSICAL INTERLUDE: You gotta have friends...Bette Midler
MUSICAL INTERLUDE 2: That's what friends are for...Stevie Wonder et. al.

With love,
Chuck

No comments: