Friday, May 23, 2008

You gotta have friends

God is full of surprises. I made a phone call to a complete stranger, at the recommendation of a friend of mine. I thought the conversation would be brief, but it turned into a marathon; I have never spent so much time in one phone conversation! We clicked, and I have a new friend, which is good because I need all the friends I can get. Of course, some friends are closer than others, and this friend has become very close in a very short amount of time.

I have said it over and over, the journey is not meant to be taken alone; we all need companions as we experience what God has for us. I'm thankful for the new friends I have made over the past two years, and for those who have been there for me in the years before that. Although I sometimes feel alone, when all is said and done, I never am alone; God is with me, and so are my friends here on earth, whom I can taste, touch, see and hear, and smell (but only on rare occasions.)

I truly am fortunate.

Peace,
Chuck

2 comments:

Wes Davis said...

It's good to have friends. If you want to have more conversation, please feel free to contact me. You can trust me. I can share with you some journal entries that didn't make it into my blog.

Peace, my friend
Wes
wesdavis12@yahoo.com

Wes Davis said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. wesdavisblog.blogspot.com