Saturday, January 12, 2008

Regrets

My father-in-law passed away six years ago today and I miss him terribly, for he was kind, strong, gentle when necessary, but most of the time rather forceful, and a real kidder.

I miss my own parents too; they've been gone for 17 and 13 years. I have things I would have like to have shared with them but never did. I'll always regret not talkingto them about some of the issues that are extremely important to me. My friends told me that those things would kill my mother -- but she died even though she and I never talked about some essential things about my life. I can only wonder how my life might have been different if only I had tried to share my life with my parents in a meaningful way.

The journey is meant to be shared. You don't have to go it alone.

Peace,
Chuck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just read recent entries and must say that I am astounded by the journey as well as the resources and words used. It is a new life and new world. Take your time and continue to describe what is happening. It helps us all. Thanks, Don