Saturday, December 1, 2007

Longing for Intimacy

I am free now to share myself with others, free to withhold information when necessary, and free to disclose myself to whomever I will. On my journey to freedom, I am looking for someone with whom I can be totally honest, with whom I can share my whole self, without fear of rejection or ridicule. Someone with whom I can be totally naked and unashamed.
DETOUR: You won't find any gratuitous nudity on my blog!
I think what I am looking for is intimacy, something which I have wanted, but also feared and run from. Like so many others. [Just when I thought I was unique and special. Damn!] Now I am ready for it!

Because the journey is meant to be shared,
Chuck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing that those of us on the road to freedom have difficulty finding and expressing true intimacy with another human being. For me, after all that I have been through during the past 3 years, I have a very difficult time with trusting others. Intimacy can't happen without it. So I suppose I'm stuck.

Frank